Saint Casimir Polish Cemetery
47th Avenue just north of Washington Road
Somers Township, Kenosha County, Wisconsin
This Catholic Cemetery, formerly serving the mostly Polish members of the now closed St. Casimir Parish, 1009 Washington Avenue, Kenosha, Wisconsin. The Cemetery is now merged with St. George Cemetery, 2909 Sheridan Road, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Both cemeteries are administered by St. Elizabeth Catholic Parish, 4816 7th Avenue, Kenosha, Wis.
"Deeds filed in the office of the Register of Deeds transferred ten acres of the farm of Emil F. Falk in the Town of Somers to St. Casimir's Church congregation. The purchase price was $1,250. The property is to be used as a cemetery for the burial of Polish people and it is the plan of the Trustees of the Congregation to have it surveyed and platted within the next few weeks. It will be ready for use by early summer. Since the organization of the Polish Catholic church in the city of Kenosha, the members of the congregation have had no regular place for the burial of their dead."
(Source: Racine Journal, March 9, 1906)
Photos courtesy of Jacqueline K. Nelson